Translate

Saturday, 29 December 2012

THE HUMAN MIND

THE HUMAN MIND


The mind is a unique and powerful tool in the human life which, by its nature, not an organ like the heart, possesses the power to make you or mar you.



There is one good thing I like about the mind; its programmable nature. According to the chronicles given to the Christians in the Bible, we understood that every angel that was created was made perfect and holy, including Lucifer. This principle of ‘mind programmability’ was exercised by Lucifer. He turned his once pure and holy mind into a wicked and treacherous entity. He failed at the end.



The concise illustration above helps us understand that even spirits could program their minds. The Bible makes us understand that God’s plan and thoughts towards us are of good-Jeremiah 29:11. Come to think of this, you wouldn’t tell me that God, being a Spirit, doesn’t have a mind, would you? No, you wouldn’t. He does have a mind. You cannot have a ‘thought’ without a ‘mind’ and you most definitely can’t birth a ‘plan’ without thinking. The point is spirits in heaven as well as humans have a mind and that’s where every conscious and unconscious activity in life manifests.



Henceforth, you must understand and have it sink or buried in your subconscious that your mind is the FOUNDATION of your physical life.



YOUR MENTALITY, GIVING AND SUCCESS.

During my first year in the tertiary institution, I used to face financial setbacks and various tribulations that plagued students. I searched for a way out because I believed that there is no trouble without a solution and when there is none, it is never a trouble. I began to read inspiring books including the Bible, Open Heavens and Rhapsody of Realities by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

The quest for change had begun.

I learnt some truths and principles, mastered some while working on mastering the others. With time, the teaching/principle of Christ in John 8:32 eventually sufficed. I realize the truth and it began to set me free. It dawned on me that one vital secret behind a successful life amongst others, is GIVING in all ramification according to how God, through the power of the Spirit had strengthened you to.

I started out. I applied this principle and it worked tremendously. I started paying my tithes, made pledges and redeemed them immediately God made them available. I continued in this even till now.



On a fateful morning, after having breakfast, I reclined to think of the product of giving and in spite of it, why people suffer. In no time, I understood the problem. There mentality was robbing them of excellence.



People in the world of today, especially the youths, always ‘WANT”. They seek for ways to get, get and get. They are after ’RECEIVING’. “Please, give me.” “Can I have this?” “Can I have that?” “I want this.” “I want that.” You scarcely hear them say, “I want to give this or offer that.” Whenever they don’t have they go ahead to borrow and expand their liabilities.

While taking a walk down the boulevard with a friend who was telling me his troubles and how bad he wants to break free, he said something that I, ignorantly, used to say or think. He said, “I want a girl I’ll be dating and she’ll be spending on me.” I smiled facially, but cringed in my heart when I heard this.



I’m not saying it is bad to ask or receive. Jesus himself wants us to ask such that we might receive—Matthew 7:7, John 16:23, John14:13. Yet, He admonishes us to give—Luke 6:38.



Most youths have conditioned their minds to always get but rarely think of giving. The Bible lets us understand that there is more blessing in giving than there is in receiving.



Your success in life is determined by the wise giving of your liberal heart—Proverbs 11:25, 2 Corinthians 9:6-9. Often, it is hard to. I experience it sometimes, but you just have to because of the joy of receiving from God Himself. Imagine what it will be when God blesses you for the little you’ve given. God’s ways are different from the ways of men. To men, the more you hoard, the bigger you have, but to Jehovah, the Lord God of Heavens Armies, the more you give out, the bigger you have.



When you change your MENTALITY to this principle, you will become a blessing to those around you.



Successful people are givers in every way they can. Solomon gave, Jesus Christ Gave His life, God gave his son, Jesus Christ. A giver is a successful person. I’m not only referring to monetary facets because when people are told to give, they think it’s all about financial talks. It transcends that! You can give your time. You can give your talents, your strengths, your expertise in achieving a collective goal and so many more.



You must also understand that success is not measured by what you have or the material wealth you have accumulated but the lives you’ve touched positively. Jesus Christ came and left with nothing. He touched so many lives even to generations more than 2000 years after His time on earth. He has been the most successful in the record of mankind because He came as a man.



Remember; YOU BECOME A SUCCESS BY WORKING HARD AND GIVING—Ephesians 4:28. First, program your mind to live a LIFE of GIVING and I’ll see you at the TOP

No comments:

Post a Comment